Blood Donation Process
Prepare for your donation.
- Drink plenty of fluids the day of your donation.
- Wear something comfortable that can be rolled up above the elbow.
- Bring a list of your current medications.
- Bring your ID (license, passport, or donor card)
- Fill out the Donor XPress questionnaire prior to your donation.
Check in for your appointment and be prepared to show a photo ID.
If you are a first-time donor, you will be asked to fill out the donor registration form which includes your name, address, phone number, and other information. Your photo will be taken for Solvita records.
A Solvita staff member will complete a prescreening where you will be asked questions about your health, lifestyle, and disease risk factors. All this information is confidential.
You will donate one unit of blood (about one pint). On average, this takes about six to ten minutes. Samples of your blood will be taken for testing.
After your donation is complete, you can go to the donor café where a volunteer worker will provide you with drinks and snacks.